SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage Support is growing and going virtual on the East Coast! This is an exciting time for Pure as a company and we hope that you want to be a part of that excitement too!
Let’s start by telling you a little bit about Pure Storage Technical Services. We have Support centers in North America, Europe and Asia.. You will be part of the best Support team in the industry. How do we know that? Our customers and our NPS number tell us so! The Puritan culture focuses on 5 key values – Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. We hope you share the same values.
We are looking for Technical Support Engineers to join our 24x7 Support team based within the East Coast time zone. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis will include hardware, software, and environmental factors within our Flash Array product. Our Support Engineers utilize their deep technical expertise to troubleshoot customer issues and resolve them. Successful Support Engineers will be able to build strong networks across different departments in the company.
Sound like the kind of fun and fast paced role you’re looking for? Then let us share a little bit about the qualities we’re seeking in an ideal candidate. We’re looking for someone who is analytical, driven, a solution seeker, and has a sense of ownership. Since we’re a team-oriented group, we’re hoping that you’re a true team player too!
- Advanced Servicenow Case management
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations.
- Answer and resolve support cases across all severity levels.
- Actively engage the customer in professional manner via variety of methods.
- Own, track and maintain clear, concise, and positive communication for all cases in a timely and efficient manner including follow-ups with customers, team members, and engineers;
- Experience balancing workloads across teams
- Provide ideas and assist with creation of documentation FAQ / KB article when needed
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve issues, using internal tools, and knowledge base, peer to peer collaboration and other tools you will learn in this role.
- Manage multiple projects/support cases simultaneously.
- Champion customer issues internally and represent the company externally.
- Leads large multi participant customer calls, including hot escalations.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Associates Degree +1 year experience or 3 years direct experience
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and escalations utilizing appropriate internal and external resources.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills in a complex multi-platform-system-vendor environment.
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software products.
- Ability to triage issues, and escalate them to appropriate engineering groups as necessary
- Advanced to expert knowledge of technologies such as operating systems (Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage area networks.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Networking, Latency, Replication, Performance and Space issues.
- Demonstration of subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: NFS, S3, Native SMB, LDAP, IPv6.
- Experience with dispatching hardware
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant experience
- Second language preferred not required. (Japanesse or Spanish)
- Government clearance is desired
The annual base salary range is: $74,000 - $128,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity. And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
Please mention the word **ATTENTIVE** and tag RMTg4LjE2Ni4xMDAuMTkx when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTg4LjE2Ni4xMDAuMTkx). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
Apply to job