lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do "whatever makes them pink".
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. We run our business in 17 languages and 40 countries, with more than 1,500 employees spread across our offices worldwide, developing our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
lastminute.com is looking for a QA Engineer with certified experience to join our QA Center of Excellence department. If you are passionate about software testing, think quality goes first, and you believe that our mission is making sure our customers have the smoothest end-to-end experience ever, let us meet you cause it sounds like we might have something in common :)
With our QA CoE, we want to enable Engineers and Business to release features quickly and reliably through testing, tooling and automation frameworks, spreading the knowledge to the overall company.
You will work closely with Dev Teams to provide solutions for test automation, regression, end-to-end and system test, and with DevOps and SREs to build and maintain testing infrastructures.
We are now in the process of introducing the QA Strategy in the company, helping teams with its adoption and working on the Critical User Journeys tests, therefore, we are looking for a specialist who would help us achieve these goals.
What do we (Members of QA CoE) do:
- Run quality discovery (incl. initial audits, analyses, understanding path to production)
- Provide quality advisory (incl. active participation in defining QA strategy and test plans, impact on adjusting project’s workflows, automation strategy, mentoring and coaching, providing solutions on how to improve the quality of the product)
- We are involved in test planning and executions (incl. designing and development of the automation test framework, and test suite for our web-based software applications, mobile applications, APIs and communications paths at the component level as well as at the system level along with other QA team members)
- Detect and track software defects, bugs and inconsistencies
- Collaborate closely with other team members and departments
- Work with Engineers and Product Owners to identify steps to reproduce and update test suite when issues are reported in production
- Apply quality engineering principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Provide support and documentation
- Provide feedback on flows and possible improvements from the end user perspective
- Identify performance issues and suggest possible improvements and/or metrics
The QA Center of Excellence department was established this year, therefore, please find below a short status update:
- We keep our code in GitLab repos and use automated tests on demand but we are also developing our Critical User Journey tests which are running as per the schedule
- Tests are written in Java technology
- We use BrowserStack for cross app and browser testing
- We write tests for the lastminute.com platforms
- We collaborate with the Engineering Teams to empower them with the knowledge and tools
- We started the adaptation process with pilot Teams
- +5 years experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Experience in developing automated scripts
- Knowledge of Test Automation Patterns and tools (i.e Selenium, Cucumber, Jmeter, Gatling, Hoverfly, PlayWright)
- Knowledge of Bug tracking tools (we are using JIRA)
- Good Knowledge of Testing processes, documentation
- Experience in Manual Testing of Web applications
- Good English is a must (we are working in an international company and all communication is in English)
- Good knowledge in testing and work experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- ISTQB certification will be an added advantage
- Proven track record of ability to work independently with minimal supervision from lead/manager
- Proactively research and suggest new Quality Assurance products
- Hands on knowledge of automated testing in CI/CD (Gitlab pipelines)
- Experience in testing mobile applications would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate, write and synthesise information
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies
- Self-starter: the attitude of taking initiatives, bringing new ideas and going extra mile to reach the goals
Candidates for this position can generally expect a hiring process similar to the following (note that depending on location and availability, the process may be slightly modified and can be completed in its entirety within 2-3 weeks).
- Selected candidates receive the first feedback on their application from our recruitment team
- HR interview
- Technical interview
- Interview follow-up: Candidates will receive feedback from our recruitment team
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Get free snacks / fruit / hot drinks / water / beverages at our offices
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events
- Benefit from extended parental or marriage leave according to local laws
Apply to job