LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our mission is to power the success of every business by delivering legal support that is proactive, affordable and commercial, and the key way we do this is through our industry-first legal services membership. We have assisted over 200,000 businesses across New Zealand, Australia and the UK, and we’re just scratching the surface. We were named Law Firm of the Year at the 2021 and 2022 Australasian Law Awards, and a 5 Star Employer of Choice by Australasian Lawyer in 2023.
Our New Zealand team works fully remotely, providing an unparalleled opportunity to practice law and assist quality corporate clients, all from the comfort of your own home (or bach, local cafe, ski fields - you get the idea!).
An exciting opportunity exists for a New Zealand qualified Senior Commercial Lawyer to join our Commercial Contracts Practice Group. We’re looking for a technically strong lawyer with a passion for client service, who is keen to help us build our practice further.
You’ll be working with an energetic and high-performing team of lawyers across a broad range of commercial matters. Our team services small, medium and enterprise level clients, with a focus on providing efficient, cost-effective and quality legal services.
This is an opportunity to practise law differently - without the inflexibility, micromanagement and facetime of traditional law firms - whilst continuing to work on complex matters with sophisticated clients. You’ll enjoy the benefits of autonomy and flexibility, whilst working alongside legal experts who genuinely care about and are invested in your professional growth.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts - including Goods & Services Agreements, Manufacturing Agreements, Distribution Agreements, IP Assignment & Licensing Agreements.
- Owning and building client relationships - LegalVision has a unique client-centric approach to delivering legal services. You’ll be expected to take ownership of all of your clients, and be the client point of contact on all of your matters. You’ll also be involved in building these client relationships, and finding ways that LegalVision can add ongoing value to the client’s business.
- Building skills and knowledge outside of your area of expertise – our lawyers work collaboratively across a range of commercial practice areas, while maintaining their own specialities. A LegalVisionary is someone who is adaptable to change and new challenges, and is willing to get their hands dirty in new areas of law.
The Ideal Candidate
- Quality experience: 5-7 years' experience from a reputable legal environment, whether in-house or private practice or both, with demonstrated experience working on commercial contracts.
- Attentive: Brilliant attention to detail; nothing ever slips through the cracks.
- Efficient: Prioritises effectively; focuses on what matters; smashes it out.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; cares about business growth (including helping to grow our business further).
- Autonomous: Likes help, but doesn’t need too much of it; owns their work and is capable of working independently; loves responsibility and working directly with clients.
- Natural communicator: Exceptional communication skills, including an ability to write in plain English and contribute to our industry leading pool of content.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart, fun and passionate people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; improves every day, and recognises that at a start-up likely LegalVision, change is our constant!.
- Always positive: Loves assisting clients and providing an amazing client experience.
- Fully remote role - work from anywhere in NZ - with home office allowance provided.
- Fast-paced environment with exciting growth opportunities.
- Talented, fun and supportive managers and team members.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities.
- Paid volunteering, birthday and parental leave.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close once the role is filled, so apply early to avoid missing out.
A note to recruiters: we’re all over this role, so there’s no need for you to get in touch. LegalVision does not accept unsolicited CVs or responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. Thanks!
Apply to job