At TileDB, we are on a mission to re-imagine the modern database. To empower teams to do their best work, we are building a modern database that combines an elegant UI SaaS product and a world-class developer experience toolkit.
TileDB was set up as a fully-remote company from the start. Today, our team is distributed across America and Europe. What unites us is relentless focus, performance and our passion for software craftsmanship.
What we are looking for
When it comes to design, we’re looking to work with people who can pick a problem and solve it. For us, it’s both how it works and how it looks and always have the developer experience in mind. At its core, TileDB is a database where speed, interactions, and small details matter. We are re-designing it to be highly functional yet minimalistic and delightful. We expect a broad set of design skills and the ability to create high-quality designs, interactions, and prototypes.
In your first 3 weeks, you will familiarize yourself with the TileDB design system and its products. You will navigate and use TileDB Cloud in order to gain a deep understanding of how our software is used. We will identify an initial onboarding project with the goal of getting yourself up and running within the first 3 weeks. After that, you will be fully integrated in our team. You’ll be an active contributor to TileDB’s designs, with responsibilities expanding over time.
How will you contribute
- Contribute to the overall reshape of the product
- Utilize and extend our design system, with the latest best practices in mind like design tokens, variables, documentation
- Work closely with engineers and other partners to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Create designs for our website
- Wear many hats. Even though this role is product focused, you might experiment with new design concepts or create visuals occasionally.
Why join us?
- We're at the beginning of our next chapter. You will join us at the right time to have major impact on the future of the company. We re-design our product, established a tech savvy community and expanding our business through our SaaS offering.
- We're backed by amazing investors. Two Bear Capital, Nexus Partners, AlleyCorp, BigPi Ventures, Lockheed Martin, Amgen Ventures, NTT Docomo, Verizon, Sentinel One Ventures, LDV Partners, Scale Asia Ventures and many more.
- We're individual contributors at heart. We value full ownership and responsibility, choose quality over quantity and put our users first. We're motivated by shipping truly innovative software.
- We'll treat you well. Get a competitive salary and stock options. Plus, give you the equipment of your choice, accessories and provide flexible paid-time off (PTO) plus all your national holidays.
Our headquarters are in Cambridge, MA, USA. However, we are a remote first company, and you will have the flexibility to work remotely as long as your residence is in the USA, or EU. This position is for a full-time employment and we are looking for candidates in EU-friendly time zones (CET ± 2 hours).
- 2-6 years of experience on designing web applications
- Excellent visual, UI, and interaction skills
- Deep understanding on design systems and how to architect and built a scalable user interface
- Ability to create flows, and advanced prototypes for developers and stakeholders
- Ability to seamlessly grow a low or mid fidelity design to a high fidelity one
- Occasionally travelling for team gatherings, retreats or plannings.
What we value
- Passion for design and figuring out best-in-class solutions to UX, UI, and interaction challenges
- Effective English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think through complex interaction design
- Expressing ideas through sketches and visual prototyping (FigJam, Freeform, tldraw, real pen and paper or other tools)
- Experience with design systems, programming, and using technical tools like (Git, VSCode, Figma advanced pseudo-code prototyping).
- Experience with animations and 3D on the web (Spline, Blender, Lottie, Rive)
- Figma for every pixel. Our design system is built with Figma, using components, variants and variables to keep all our design documents in sync and consistent.
- Modern work tools for everything. Shortcut for issue tracking, Slack for internal communication, Figma for pixels, Notion as knowledge base and a few others.
- Interesting and challenging work
- Flexible working hours
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employee-friendly equity
- Work remotely, no commuting to the office
- Team events and off-sites
TileDB, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive team.
Apply to job