At XMTP Labs, we're reimagining the future of decentralized, secure, and portable messaging. We believe that privacy is an inalienable and universal right.
We're committed to creating a powerful communication protocol that is truly open to all. In our vision, users not only own and control their own identity and data, but also benefit economically from their participation, all while breaking free from single-entity control. Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, applications, and users. If this mission speaks to you, let's build the future of messaging together.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
Your background & skills
- You have at least 8 years of experience in product management, product leadership, and cross-functional team leadership in areas with complex technical and regulatory challenges.
- You have extensive knowledge about designing private messaging systems on a global level, and deep experience dealing with issues such as privacy, security, spam, and user safety in the context of messaging.
- You have firsthand experience with the workings of Internet standards bodies and the challenges of coordinating interoperability at a global scale.
- You are passionate about efforts to improve standards around privacy, interoperability, and user-owned data and optimistic about web3’s potential to accelerate them.
- You are fluent in the language of public key cryptography and end-to-end encryption, and frontend mobile and web development.
- You obsess over clarity of communication and write quickly, clearly, and persuasively to build conviction and alignment.
- You have a proven track record of shipping successful products in early-stage startups where resources are scarce and the roadmap is often being drawn in real-time.
What you’ll do
- Develop and articulate the strategic vision for the core messaging experience of XMTP aligned with XMTP Labs’ mission of decentralization and privacy.
- Navigate through the intricacies of end-to-end encryption, ecosystem coordination, and decentralization, devising simple solutions to meet user expectations for a seamless messaging experience across a network of independent applications.
- Engage with an extensive network of internal and external stakeholders, facilitating standards and interoperable UX across the ecosystem.
- Over time, evolve the product topology to focus on various domains like inbox experience, business messaging, spam control, and privacy.
- Measure and communicate progress against qualitative and quantitative validation criteria for product hypotheses.
- Generous and competitive compensation package
- Salary range between $250-300k range (depending on experience + location)
- Remote-first environment with semi-yearly gatherings to connect IRL
- Full paid Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Parental Leave
- IT Equipment and WFH setup
- Monthly Wellness and Lifestyle stipend
- Personal assistant
- Flexible vacation (with minimum requirements to ensure rest and time-off to pursue your passions outside of work)
- And much more!
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's an inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please notify your recruiter of any disabilities or time preferences based off your current location and time zone.
Apply to job