Lingraphica is a mission-driven organization who provides speech-generating devices to help improve communication, speech, and quality of life for people with aphasia. We look for candidates who enjoy working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment, and who share our commitment to helping individuals on their aphasia journey.
Purpose: The Human Resources / Payroll Administrator conducts the day-to-day processes related to supporting the HR and Payroll functions. The HR/Payroll Administrator maintains employee data in the ADP portal, processes semi-monthly payroll and is the liaison to ADP (PEO), facilitates benefits administration, and is the first point of contact for employees with questions on benefits, time off, and payroll.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Payroll & Benefits
- Ensures ADP portal is updated timely, accurately, and confidentially with all employee changes including new hires, terms, status changes, compensation, titles, etc.
- Prepares and submits semi-monthly payroll (2x / month) for the organization ensuring compliance with Federal and State wage and hour laws
- Takes the lead on Time & Attendance administration ensuring time off and timecards have been approved in ADP; provides training to managers and non-exempt employees
- Ensures our T&A policies in ADP match our policies in the Handbook, and conducts accrual audits
- Conducts administration of 401(k) reporting and remittance for payroll and employer contributions; as well as loans, distributions, enrollments, and contribution changes. Also supports the annual 401(k) Plan Audit.
- Provides support to employees with payroll and benefits questions and coordinates leaves of absence and Workers Compensation with ADP; coordinates STD claims with MetLife and Principal; administers LG Paid Family Leave Program
- Supports VP, HR on annual benefits open enrollment process
- Conducts and ensures required reporting takes place before deadlines for ACA, W-2’s, 401(k) 5500, EEO, CA Pay Data and OSHA-300. (Partners with ADP on ACA and W-2’s; Partners with 401(k) provider on 5500).
- Continues to stay abreast of legislative changes related to pay and benefits and brings to manager, requirements and best practices
General HR Administration
- Maintains employee electronic files, I-9’s and record retention program
- Updates company org-chart and LG Intranet
- Interprets HR policies and procedures for staff members and makes recommendations to HR colleagues for improvement
- Administers the employee separation process including but not limited to coordinating final pay via payroll, and guiding manager and employee through the exit process
- Coordinates tracking and filing of quarterly and annual reviews
- Develops procedures related to HR processes, ensuring smoothness of execution
- Runs ad hoc reports on HR and payroll data
- Conduct employment verifications
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws at the Federal and State level (NJ, PA, CA and in a multi-state environment), strongly preferred
- Knowledge of employee benefits, disability claims process, deductibles, and other benefit terms highly desirable, strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to be flexible and multitask in a rapidly changing environment
- High level of professional maturity and ability to be respectful, confidential and appropriate when handling HR-related matters and pay
- Strong computer skills including strong proficiency in working within a HRIS, CRM or other database; ability to run reports; experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize and see projects through
Education & Experience
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education; Coursework in Human Resources preferred
- 2 years or more experience running payroll in ADP or similar platform strongly preferred
- Experience supporting an HR department in an administrative capacity required, ideally with exposure to benefits and leaves of absence administration
- Payroll and/or HR certification, a plus
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- This role is a remote position, and the employee can work from home anywhere in the United States. Incumbent is expected to maintain a safe, productive work environment with secure internet access. Must be able to operate a computer with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Travel to Lingraphica’s home office in Princeton, NJ and to cities within the continental United States for company related meetings and conferences may be required up to two (2) times per year. Employees must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to participate in in-person meetings and events, however an accommodation request for 100% remote work is available.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demand satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability abilities and physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To learn more about Lingraphica, visit: www.lingraphica.com!
This Organization Participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE. UU.
Apply to job