TrustedHousesitters is a global pet care travel exchange; a two-sided digital marketplace of owners and sitters that’s growing rapidly through our unique combination of product, proposition, marketing and community building. Our small but mighty team has a collaborative and supportive culture. We’re passionate about pets, people and travel; continuously searching for the win, win, win that makes everyone’s lives easier, travel kinder on the pet and enables a more sustainable travel footprint.
We're fully in scale-up mode and have grown to be the only global platform of its kind. In the last few years, we’ve consistently achieved high year-on-year growth. Thanks to strong tailwinds in the pet and travel industry in the post-Covid world, 2022 has been our strongest year so far. We facilitate the perfect match between pet owners who want to leave their pets in safe hands and pet sitters looking to enjoy the companionship of pets whilst they travel.
We've recently made the transition to a remote-first business, however we've retained a HQ in central Brighton which is available for collaborative working and in-person meetups.
This is a newly created and pivotal role resulting from an expanding and thriving team with exciting aspirations to continue to embed a sought-after culture of excellence for all of our people.
Hours of Work: 24-32 hours per week, depending on the candidate
Salary: £45000 per annum pro rata plus discretionary bonus
- Develop and update HR policies and procedures to ensure robust compliance aligned with ACAS and CIPD regulations and best practice.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the employee handbook to communicate company policies, procedures and drive our culture
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather input, review policies, and ensure consistency across the organisation.
- Exercise creativity to establish innovative approaches to ER issues, change management whilst championing the EDI agenda.
- Offer technical support on IR35 compliance and serve as a point of contact for related queries.
- Collaborate with the finance team on HR-related matters such as payroll, benefits administration, and contracts.
- Stay updated on employment law, provide updates to stakeholders, and ensure compliance.
- Act as the secondary point of contact for employees after their line manager, offering advice, guidance and support for work-related challenges, underpinned with transparency and trust.
- Provide technical support to the People Experience and Ops Executive during pre-boarding activities, assisting with any technical issues and software setup and ensuring a smooth onboarding experience for new hires.
Employee Lifecycle and Administration
- Coordinate with People Operations to conduct employee offboarding activities, including payroll administration, exit interviews, and acknowledgements.
- Engage in Stay check-ins to drive retention and gather early insights into any people related themes by way of continuous improvement.
- Assist in conducting DEI audits and implement measures for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Support the implementation of reasonable adjustments for equal opportunities and inclusivity.
- Engage with our DEI Committee on key initiatives.
Performance and Development
- Provide support for performance management processes, including goal setting, evaluations, and development plans - driving a feedback culture.
- Support grievance and disciplinary procedures, including conducting investigations, providing guidance to managers, and ensuring compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Conduct HR introductions, 30-day and 60-day check-ins, and schedule probation reviews to support employee transitions and performance assessment.
- Support line managers in identifying learning and development needs for their teams and provide guidance on appropriate training opportunities.
- Collaborate with line managers to create individual development plans and support the implementation of learning initiatives.
- Design and deliver training programs to enhance the management and leadership skills of line managers.
Compensation and Benefits
- Conduct compensation benchmarking research to ensure a competitive salary structure.
- Assist in the research and implementation of employee benefits.
- CIPD level 5 or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in HR administration and employee lifecycle management.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with HR systems and software (experience with Breathe HR is a plus).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proactive and able to work independently.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As well as 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme and bonus scheme, we also invest in:
- Premium TrustedHousesitters pet owner and sitter membership which includes benefits like airport lounge passes, sit cancellation insurance, and home and contents insurance for sits
- Our team have an unlimited housesitting allowance, can work remotely from their sits, and TrustedHousesitters will contribute up to £500 per year towards travel costs
- £200 annually towards home office equipment
- Monthly working from home stipend
- Mac book
- Find a rescue pet to join your family and we’ll cover the adoption fees, as well as paternity to help any pet settle into their new home.
- We host a quarterly all expenses paid meetup, and will fund team events (remote or in person) throughout the year
- We can cover costs of personal development resources, and have regular time set aside for personal development
- Health Insurance plan, including dental (Bupa)
- Brighton Bikeshare
- Recruitment Referral Bonus
- Access to Spaces Locations across the globe
If you're ready to join us on our mission to become the most loved pet travel solution, we'd love to hear from you.
Apply to job