This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in the Continental U.S.
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement and is owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP). We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement and business-to-business (B2B) Marketplaces. Our culture is focused on a bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) solutions to learn, then either failing or scaling fast as we iterate towards our product goals.
Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. You will see and feel the direct impact of your work, be surrounded by passionate people, learn how to be an entrepreneur, and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
Varis is dedicated to creating an environment that fosters personal and professional growth, emphasizing collaboration and cross-functional learning. We go beyond being a mere milestone on your resume; we are committed to helping you thrive and achieve excellence.
We are currently seeking a dynamic problem-solver with a proactive mindset to provide executive support to our President. As an Executive Assistant, you will demonstrate sound judgment and discretion in various situations. Your exceptional verbal and written communication skills, coupled with your ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, will be paramount. Leveraging your operational expertise and critical thinking abilities, you will anticipate needs and provide timely solutions with the utmost professionalism.
Scheduling & Gatekeeping:
- Manage and maintain an ever-evolving calendar for the President, as well as other members of the Executive Leadership team, encompassing both in-person and virtual meetings on a global scale.
- Act as a liaison between internal staff and external partners at all organizational levels.
- Advocate for efficient time management, ensuring a well-balanced schedule for the President.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for the President, including transportation, accommodations, and related logistics.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for C-Suite as required, including transportation, accommodations, and related logistics.
Apply your comprehensive understanding of Varis' operations to enhance the effectiveness and responsiveness of the President and the management team.
- Handle expense reimbursement processes for the President.
- Assist with various administrative tasks as assigned.
Coordinate logistical aspects for board meetings held globally.
Polish and and prepare Powerpoint presentations for the President.
Executive Assistant to Varis C-Suite
- Organize internal and external events on behalf of the President and the Executive Team.
- Provide support to the Executive Team on diverse projects as needed.
- Provide travel support to C-Suite as needed.
- Provide scheduling support and scheduling gatekeeping to C-suite as needed.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in a Executive Assistant role, supporting C-suite Executives in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Mandatory minimum of 4+ years of direct support to a CEO, President, or Division Head.
- Project / Program management experience.
- High level of proficiency in Powerpoint and MS-Excel.
- Extensive experience in logistics management, including handling complex schedules and international travel arrangements.
- Strong business acumen and a solid understanding of operational priorities.
- A self-starter who can take ownership of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision from the executive.
- Adaptable and capable of working effectively with limited information and in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly when engaging with executives and senior management both internally and externally.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to delivering excellence in a fast-paced environment.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills across all levels, including managing requests for the President's time.
- Proven ability to independently drive projects to completion.
- Capacity for creative thinking, a sense of urgency, and adaptability to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
- Proficiency in computer literacy, including expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling emails, texts, and phone calls.
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when necessary.
- Willingness to travel as required, serving as the primary on-the-ground support for the President across domestic and international locations.
Attributes / Personality:
- A passionate individual with a genuine desire to contribute to the success of others, capable of connecting with individuals at all levels of the business.
- Proactive, resourceful, and efficient in resolving problems and conflicts while maintaining a high level of professionalism and collaboration.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Displays sensitivity towards cultural diversity and exhibits a global mindset.
- Contributes positively to the company culture.
- Able to adapt seamlessly to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
At Varis, pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members.
The figures in this range reflect the average annual base salary for the given role, while additional variable incentives based on performance may also be available. Recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% permanent remote work in the United States
- Medical / dental / vision, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Offer (PTO) and company paid holidays
- Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) matching program
- Discounted auto, home, and pet insurance
- Retirement savings plan rollovers
- Banking services
- Military leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular pay for funeral/memorial service observance
- Discounts on Office Depot/Microsoft/Apple products and services
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates.
The ODP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in alignment with the City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
CCPA disclosure notice here.
Apply to job