SponsorUnited is one of the fastest growing sports & entertainment technology platforms in the world, connecting the partnership ecosystem by providing the most comprehensive and relevant marketing and sales data available anywhere.
Almost every major pro sports team uses our platform, and our customers currently span 1,200+ organizations across sports, music, media, brands and agencies.
SponsorUnited is looking for a hands-on experienced DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a DevOps Engineer at SponsorUnited, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability, security, and scalability of our infrastructure and applications. You will be responsible for managing and evolving our infrastructure (currently, we utilize 28 AWS services, micro-services, and serverless apps), deployment pipelines (BitBucket, Jenkins), and security practices, with a strong focus on implementing best practices for Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Pulumi.
Our commitment revolves around exploring the frontiers of what can be achieved in our field, and we're in search of a talented and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer to become a part of our team. If you're passionate about adopting cutting-edge technologies, enhancing infrastructure, guaranteeing security and compliance, and enhancing a robust and efficient development process, then this role is an ideal fit for you.
- Porting existing infrastructure to Pulumi for better version control and knowledge sharing.
- Migrating from Elastic Beanstalk to Docker containers and leveraging Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) or Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS).
- Designing and maintaining serverless architecture while creating and managing new services as needed.
- Overseeing infrastructure upgrades, maintenance, and ensuring compliance with SOC2 standards.
- Managing both Linux and Windows instances, with the flexibility to adapt to future infrastructure needs.
Deployment and Pipeline Management:
- Implementing new deployment pipelines that accommodate changes in infrastructure and AWS organizational units.
- Maintaining a multi-environment workflow (local, QA, STAGE, PROD) with a strong emphasis on automated testing and resilience.
- Building and managing mechanisms for easy rollback in case of issues during deployment.
Security and Compliance:
- Maintaining SOC2 compliance through tools like Vanta and ensuring adherence to established SLAs.
- Managing user roles, permissions, and tokens to maintain robust company security and mitigate potential security risks.
- Extensive experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and strong knowledge of Pulumi.
- Proficiency and adeptness in AWS, GCP, and Azure Cloud platform, with focus on ECS, EKS, and AWS Organizational Units.
- Proficiency in building and maintaining server-less applications in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Familiarity with serverless architecture and managing multiple services.
- Solid experience in creating and managing deployment pipelines.
- Knowledge of SOC2 compliance and SLA maintenance.
- Expertise in Linux and Windows instance management.
- Strong understanding of user management, roles, permissions, and token rotation.
- Ability to work in a multi-environment, test-driven development workflow.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to evolving infrastructure needs.
Preferable to have:
- BD in Computer Science and/or six years of experience.
- AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer.
- Azure or Google Cloud certificates.
Apply to job