This is a US based- Remote position.
No phone calls or emails from external recruiters or recruiting agencies.
Illumix is an AR technology and media company that empowers the creation of AR-first experiences. We’ve done the heavy lifting to build the underlying capabilities and user interactions that make building any dynamic AR experience effortless. We are focused on bringing AR technology into physical venues to enhance user experiences.
As a C++ Software Engineer your primary responsibility will be to develop and maintain efficient systems using C++ for our Core Technology Team. You will apply your understanding of memory management, multithreading, and optimization techniques to create high-performing systems. Additionally, your experience with game engines, including 3D math and rendering techniques, will be valuable for integrating native C++ code into Unity. Documentation and a strong desire to learn new technologies will also ensure your success in this role.
Salary Range: $135-$161K US Dollars Per Year
- Develop and optimize high-performance code for our C++ System
- Develop Cmake automation for efficient build processes
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members to maintain a clean and maintainable codebase
- Create comprehensive code documentation
- Be an active contributor in evaluating technical tradeoffs, code reviews, and feature planning
- Support core engine team members in execution and problem resolution
- 2-3 years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or equivalent experience as demonstrated in their portfolio
- Modern C++ Proficiency: Knowledge in modern C++ (C++11 or later) with a deep understanding of memory management, multithreading, and optimization techniques.
- Thread-Safe Programming: Strong understanding and application of multithreaded programming
- Willingness to Learn and Adaptability: Hungry to learn and has a passion for technology
- Strong Communication Skills: Ability to communicate written and verbally.
- Game Engine Experience: Understanding of the 3D Math that goes into building a realtime 3D Game Engine. Experience with rendering 3D graphics a plus and experience in integrating native C++ code into Unity a huge plus.
- Test Driven Development experience
- Previous experience using CMake to create cross platform build environments
- Interest in Computer Vision
PERKS & BENEFITS
- US Based - Fully Remote (contiguous United States)
- Full Coverage Medical, Dental, Vision and Long Term Disability (Coverage offered at 99% at the base plan for Employees and at 40% at the base plan for Dependents/Domestic Partner)
- Self-Contributing Retirement Plans
- Unlimited Personal Time Off, Sick Days and Paid Company Holidays
- Monthly Stipend to cover Work From Home costs
- Access to Company Sponsored Wellness Apps such as SpringHealth, ClassPass and Calm
At Illumix, we are committed to building a team that reflects the diverse world in which we live. Our goal is to create a culture of empowerment and passion that sets a new standard for mixed reality today.
We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to achieving this goal, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants of all backgrounds, without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We are dedicated to creating a workplace where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. If you share our commitment to diversity and innovation, we encourage you to apply to join our team at Illumix.
Apply to job